Saturday, 25 February 2012
University of Salford Nations & Regions Media Conference 2012
12 & 13 March 2012, Media City & The Lowry, Salford Quays
Exploring media production, policy and opportunity throughout the UK
JEREMY HUNT MP, Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media & Sport; ADAM CROZIER, Chief Executive ITV; GEORGE ENTWISTLE, Director BBC Vision.
Beryl Vertue, Tony Wood, David Davies, Barbara Slater, Moz Dee, Niall Sloane, David Wheeldon, Diane Coyle, Tom Gutteridge, Alex Connock, Gillian Reynolds, Mark Chapman, Pete Wishart MP, Nigel Smith, Phill Clark, Sunandan Wallia. Conference Chair Steve Hewlett.
· A VERY BRITISH DRAMA: With British TV exports now a £1.4bn business, the incentive to create the next hit drama has never been greater. We explore the snakes and ladders of making great international drama.
· STRUCTURED REALITY – THE INSIDE STORY: We peer past the fake tans, six packs and vajazzles to find out exactly how structured reality is produced.
· INDEPENDENT TELEVISION?: With the question of Scottish independence soaring up the political agenda we ask the SNP’s Westminster spokesperson for Culture, Media & Sport what independence would mean for the UK’s radio and television sectors.
· A QUESTION OF SPORT: Our ‘who’s who’ of sports media panel explores how well are consumers served by the current sports media landscape.
· WATCHING THE RADIO: Is radio visualisation the key to keeping radio relevant amongst a mass of digital media? We explore the oldest of broadcast media’s newest trick.
· DIANE COYLE: The Vice Chairman of the BBC Trust in conversation with Steve Hewlett.
· IF I WERE JEREMY HUNT: What would you do if you were the person in charge of broadcasting in the UK? Three industry professionals tell us what they would do if they were the Secretary of State.
Plus BBC ACADEMY WORKSHOPS exploring 3D, HD, and pitching - FREE and EXCLUSIVE to our delegates. Places are strictly limited and are going very quickly – don’t miss out on this great chance to access an afternoon of fabulous free training from the BBC!
Register Now: www.nationsandregionsmedia.org
Salford PGRs: free to attend, but email Maxine McKeever by 6/3 to register: email@example.com